Use the steps in this program to help to better control your blood sugar and manage your Type 2 diabetes.
These 10 steps are designed to work synergistically to reduce excess insulin production, reduce insulin resistance, increase glucose uptake, burn fat, and repair the damaged cells by addressing the underlying biochemical and hormonal mechanisms that fuel Type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes Management & Education
Author Sidebar: I developed this web page so that you could try the first part of my diabetes program to start reversing your diabetes. In that way, you can verify that my program will work before you consider buying any of my books or ebooks.
By doing this, you will feel a lot more confident and assured that you won't be wasting your money or your time on another diabetes book.
By the way, another reason that I did this was because I remembered how I felt when I was diabetic and trying to figure out which book to buy.
I remember all of the confusion, anxiety and anger that I felt, because none of the authors or their websites would answer my questions or return my phone calls.
And, if they did return my phone calls or answer my emails, they were very vague and very pushy, telling me to buy their book because it would answer all my questions.
Well, I don't want you or anyone else to have to go through any of that. So, just follow the first 3 steps (listed below) to verify that my program will work for you.
Remember: There's more to defeating your diabetes and getting off the drugs than just changing your diet -- that's why there are 10 steps to the program.
FYI: In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call our toll-free number (1-800-813-1927) or fill out our Contact Us form.
Or, if you would prefer to talk to other diabetics who are using our program, then, join our online diabetes support group (it's free!).
Type 2 Diabetes Management & Education
STEP 1a: Stop eating the 5 "dead" foods, in order to better manage your diabetes with diet. These foods include wheat, other grains, cereals, rice, potatoes, corn, bread, pasta, other processed foods, and so-called healthy foods. Also, stop drinking soda, diet soda, bottled juices, tap water, cow's milk and coffee. [Ref: Chapters 5-7]
STEP 1b: Start eating the 5 "live" super foods, in order to better manage your diabetes with diet. These foods include green vegetables, bright-colored vegetables, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, plant oils, raw juices, green smoothies, and filtered/ distilled water. [Ref: Chapters 5-7, 14, 15,17]
STEP 1c: Design and plan your meals with the 5 "live" super foods by eating a well-balanced and macronutrient-dense and plant-based meal of carbs, proteins and fats, based on my DTD Nutritional Program, aka DTD Super Meal Plate Model. [Ref: Chapter 7]
Start your day with the Super Breakfast. Then, try the Super Lunch, Super Dinner and Super Snack meals, all of which are described on the Diabetic Recipes web page.
STEP 2: Begin exercising now that you're eating right. But start slowly -- if possible start by walking or moving other parts of your body to expend some physical energy for at least 20-30 minutes a day before you go to work, during lunch, or after dinner. [Ref: Chapters 10, 14]
STEP 3: Perform blood glucose testing to verify that my Super Meal Breakfast and Dinner nutritional protocols (diet for diabetics) are working for you. [Ref: Chapters 11, 14]
Note: Once you notice your blood glucose level coming down, you now know that my program works.
Next Steps: At this point, in order to build momentum from what you've started, you should go ahead and order my Death to Diabetes book (or expanded ebook) -- so that you can implement the details of the first 3 steps and the remaining steps of my program.
This will eventually enable you to safely detox, wean off the diabetic drugs, and determine the best supplements to take.
Knowledge is power! Acquire it and use to improve your diabetes and overall health. [Chapters 4, 14, 15]
When it comes to fighting a disease like diabetes, knowledge is power -- but only if you have the right knowledge about diabetes and nutrition.
Doing your own research is an excellent way to acquire knowledge, but don't overdo the research. At some point, you'll need to take some action before your diabetes worsens.
Diagram: Diabetes Program 10 Steps
Here is an overview of the 10 steps:
1. Acquire knowledge about diabetes and its complications, nutrition, exercise, and drugs to increase your knowledge and provide direction on your journey to proper management of your diabetes. Visit your local library, go to medical-related websites, take classes, and talk to other (healthy) diabetics.
2. Eat the 5 “live” super foods, including green and bright-colored vegetables, dark-colored fruits, raw juices, sea vegetables, grasses, plant protein, plant oils, cold-water fish, legumes, lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, filtered water, and (some) organic whole grains. Drink raw juices in conjunction with eating plant-based super meals to optimize your nutritional program to reverse your diabetes faster. Buy a steamer, blender, juicer, Foreman grill, and grinder (for flaxseeds).
3. Stop eating the 5 “dead” processed foods, especially white flour, high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, “enriched” foods, starches, trans fats, animal meat, vegetable oils, processed foods, fast foods, and drugs. Foods to avoid include bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beef, pork, cereal, corn, pastries, coffee, canola oil, soda, diet soda, bottled fruit juices, tap water, tobacco, artificial sweeteners, OTC drugs, and prescription drugs. Avoid your food triggers, e.g. driving past a fast food place.
4. Perform blood glucose testing at least 4 times a day, including a post-meal test to customize your nutritional profile. Use a journal/logbook to record, track, analyze and make corrective changes, especially to what you’re eating and how frequently you’re exercising.
5. Exercise on a consistent basis by stretching/walking 30 to 45 minutes four to six times a week in order to increase glucose uptake andhelp reverse your diabetes. And, add 10 to 15 minutes of weight/resistance (anaerobics) exercise on alternate days.
6. Perform cleansing/detoxification periodically to remove the toxins and waste that have accumulated in your cells and tissues in order to help repair your cells and reverse your diabetes.
7. Take a wholefood or food-based nutritional supplement to complement your nutritional program and accelerate the body’s healing process.
8. Visit your doctor and get a physical exam on a regular basis. Work with your doctor, diabetes health coach and other healthcare professionals to communicate your health goals and build your relationships. Ensure your treatment is focused on repairing your body and reducing your drug usage/dependency and not just suppressing the symptoms.
9. Obtain emotional support by connecting with your inner spirit and building your support team. Utilize exercise, prayer, yoga, other meditation techniques and connect with others to relax and help relieve the stress. Find some quiet time for yourself each day, even if it’s only 5 minutes. Join a local support group to get information and share your problems with other diabetics. Your insight may help someone in the group and will motivate you to continue making progress.
10. Develop an overall (proactive) wellness plan to manage your diabetes and improve your overall health. If possible, work with a diabetes health coach to help you with your wellness planning.
Flow Chart: The 10 Steps of Type 2 Diabetes Management
Copyright © 2018 DeWayne McCulley - All Rights Reserved.